Videotapes by Ralph Abraham
May be purchased from
- Macroscope #0
- Introduction to the 4 inch Jenny macroscope, 1974.
This was recorded on state-of-the-art (at the time)
open reel, half-inch, monochrome videotape.
About 30 minutes.
- Catalog codes: V-Macro#0-NTSC, V-Macro#0-PAL, V-Macro#0-Secam, etc.
- Macroscope #1
- Musical selections, seen through the 6 inch Jenny macroscope.
About 30 minutes.
- Catalog codes: V-Macro#1-NTSC, V-Macro#1-PAL, V-Macro#1-Secam, etc.
- Macroscope #2
- Musical selections, seen through the 6 inch Jenny macroscope,
including Tibetan overtone chants.
About 2 hours.
- Catalog codes: V-Macro#2-NTSC, V-Macro#2-PAL, V-Macro#2-Secam, etc.
- Macroscope #3
- Interview with Jill Purse, including her
overtone chants, seen through the 6 inch Jenny macroscope.
About 60 minutes.
- Catalog codes: V-Macro#3-NTSC, V-Macro#3-PAL, V-Macro#3-Secam, etc.
- Cellular Dynamata #1, Rev. 2
- Simple order emerging from space-time chaos
in the toral logistic lattice.
Recorded directly from the MPP (Massively Parallel Processor)
supercomputer at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, October, 1991.
By Ralph Abraham with John Dorband and John Corliss.
10 minutes, color, sound.
Accompanies article #52.
- Catalog codes: V-CD#1-NTSC, V-CD#1-PAL, V-CD#1-Secam, etc.
- Communicative Chess
- Accompanies article #53.
- The double logistic map
- Computer graphic animation of the Dorband map, a classical
two-dimensional chaotic system, by Ralph Abraham and Ron Record. Color,
2 minutes. Accompanies article #54.
(plays best after download is complete).
- Download MPEG, 23 MB
Download MOV, 22 MB
- This video was inspired by an earlier work of John Dorband:
- Download MOV, 22 MB
- Cathedral Concert
- Direct recording from the audiovisual projections at the second concert
by MIMI AND THE ILLUMINATI, Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine, New York City,
12 October, 1992. Ralph Abraham with Peter Broadwell and Ami Radunskaya.
30 minutes, color, sound.
- Catalog codes: V-MIMI#2-NTSC, V-MIMI#2-PAL, V-MIMI#2-Secam, etc.
- ITA Concert
- Another concert recording of MIMI and the Illuminati, from
the annual flocking of the International Transpersonal Association,
Santa Clara, California, June, 1995.
- Pomona Concert
- Direct recording from the audiovisual projections at the fifth concert
by MIMI AND THE ILLUMINATI, Pomona College, Claremont CA, 31 October, 1995.
45 minutes, color, sound.
- Catalog codes: V-MIMI#5-NTSC, V-MIMI#5-PAL, V-MIMI#5-Secam, etc.
- The Long Line of Chaos
- Lecture on the history of chaos theory for the
Society for Chaos Theory in Psychology and the Life Sciences,
Berkeley, CA, June, 1996. 30 minutes, color, sound.
- Catalog codes: V-LongLine-NTSC, V-LongLine-PAL, V-LongLine-Secam, etc.
- This 45 minute lecture to a conference of the
Council of Europe at Prague Castle, November 1996,
was accompanied by a videowall showing of the
video Cellular Dynamata #1, Rev. 2
(see above) and a new one, Cellular
Dynamical Simulation of Sheldrake's M-field.
- Catalog codes: V-Prague-NTSC, V-Prague-PAL, V-Prague-Secam, etc.
Videotapes with Ralph Abraham
- Chaos, Gaia, Eros
- Video art work, featuring Ralph Abraham, by RoseX.
- Mavericks of the Mind
- Video recording of a conference, 1993 at UC Santa Cruz, 110 minutes. Includes a very short presentation by Ralph.
- Trialogues with Ralph Abraham, Terence McKenna, and Rupert Sheldrake.
Video recording of a weekend workshop, September, 1989, at the Esalen Institute.
- NET, by Svebor Krantz and Nina Wise, Tunafils Productions, Zagreb
- An art/documentary featuring a Tibetan sand mandala, with
brief appearances of the Dalai Lama and Ralph Abraham. 45 minutes.
- Chaos, from Nova, WGBH, PBS, and BBC
- This is a great program, which we are not allowed to
distribute. Includes a brief exclamation by Ralph, and
extensive footage from the infamous Santa Cruz Chaos
Revised 13 April 1997 by Ralph Abraham