MS#140. Chaotic Synchronization in Economic Networks, 2013
- with Michael Nivala, UCLA
- In: Working Paper, Dept. of Economics and Statistics, University of Siena.
- Dedicated to Richard M. Goodwin, 1913-1996.
- Subjects: Economics, Morphogenesis
- Abstract: Synchronization, long an important topic in the theory of nonlinear oscillation,
has recently become a research frontier in chaos theory as well. Here we
introduce the sync phenomenon for forced and coupled Rossler attractors, and
its role in the context of complex economic systems. And we extend the basic
framework developed by the late Richard Goodwin in his book, Chaotic Eco-
nomic Dynamics, of 1990 to massively complex dynamical systems of chaotic
elements. Recent experimental results and speculative applications to economic
networks are presented.
- [PDF] 24 pages, 1.8 MB
by Ralph Abraham