The Hip Santa Cruz History Project
A multimedia website project
cooked up over sushi by Judy, Tandy, and Ralph
on 06 February 2002.
Mission: to document
the history of Hip Santa Cruz, ca 1964-1972 or so.
Hip Santa Cruz 1, June, 2016
Hip Santa Cruz 2, December, 2017
Hip Santa Cruz 3, November, 2018
Hip Santa Cruz 4, January, 2019
Hip Santa Cruz 5, February, 2020
Hip Santa Cruz 6, February, 2023
Hip Santa Cruz 7, Website in process.
Also, see our NEW WEBSITE.
OUR ORIGINAL SITE, 2002-2015
Web page of Muldoon Elder with photos by Lars Speyer
regarding the Ron Boise flap of 1964 over the
Kama Suta Sculptures
at the Vorpal Gallery. (Thanks to Embers Glo.)
Please visit our
About the project
About the 1960s in Santa Cruz
Recorded by Ralph in 2002
- Ron Boise's sign for the Hip Pocket
- Joe Lysowski, 2003
- Leon Tabory and Peter Demma, 2003
- Peter Demma and Leon Tabory, 2003
- Al and Patti Di Ludovico w/ Bob Ludlow
(photo by Eric Strayer and Gregory Lavin,
from Catalyst, 1975).
- Mural of Warmth at the Cooper House
(photos by XX thanks to Barbara Lawrence and Fred McPherson)
- Ron Boise sculptures unveiled at the Hip Pocket Bookstore
openning, September, 1965
(photo by Covello and Covello,
from the SC Sentinel, December 16, 2003).
|| #1 ||, 2 MB download
- Photos by Andrew Bailey
- Photos by Fred Mc Pherson
- Story Circle #3 at the Crepe Place, 28 Feb. 2006,
Group Photo by Leon Tabory
- Story Circle #4 at the Rosie McCann's, 26 May 2006,
Group Photo by T-Mike Walker
List of Story Circles
Sporadic meetings/recording sessions, ongoing
Stories from --
Revised 28 September 2023 by Ralph